I was asked…You’ve being exiled to a private island, and your captors will only supply you with five foods. What do you pick?
1. Oatmeal. Keep up with daily fiber, because it’s important. Why? Well, that’s the subject of another post on some one else’s blog.
2. Apples. One a day, right? O.K., maybe more than one. Fuji apples are nice sweet snacking apples.
3. Fish. Salmon, preferably. Good for keeping up the good chloresterol. It’s one of the few fish that doesn’t taste to me like tarter sauce.
4. Tomatoes. Good for vitamins and an anti-oxident.
5. Corn. Can’t get enough! Best if broiled on the grill.
While this is my best answer, who am I kidding? I can’t limit my consumption to just five ingredients. My appetite is too diverse. But maybe I could find someone else on the island with a different five ingredients and barter….oh, well, a guy can dream!